Saturday, May 29, 2010

Procrastination

As you may have seen I have not posted anything in a week. Thats because there was nothing to post. I was sick last weekend and had a mini run on Sunday while my son Caleb rode his bike, and let me tell you I had a hard time keeping up to him. At first he would ride at the same speed I would run and then he would take off pedaling as fast as he could. Makes for a great interval workout! But not when your not feeling good.


This week I fell into a slump. I procrastinated about everything, not just running but everything, grocery shopping (which I still have yet to do), laundry (Hubby did that) general cleaning of the house (thank goodness the kids have chores). It was just a blah week. I have been under stress  and bottling up my feelings which makes everything worse than it is. In turn I had a huge blow up at my patient and understanding hubby ( as red heads do and unfortunately he married one).  After that I started to feel better, but then the rains came, heavy down pouring rain with thunder and lightening. I know , I know just get out and run(when there is no thunder and lightening). But honestly I just didn't feel like it.


You hear of writers block, well this week I had runners block. Or rather a condition as my husband calls it Lazyitus.


I am hoping that next week will be much better. We didn't have clinic last week, and this week is our last clinic. After that I am taking the summer off from clinics but will continue to run, and then I am going to either do the Learn to Run clinic again or start the 5k clinic.  I will continue to push myself all summer long. I love running. I love how I feel after I run.







No comments:

Post a Comment