Monday, May 17, 2010

Promises, Promises

So for a while now my oldest daughter (she is 9yrs old) has been asking me "Mommy when can I run with you? I really want to pretty please!!!!!!" So on Thursday I finally said that she could but I didn't get my run in, and then I was going to go on Friday night, but she went for a sleep over, and so Saturday night I told her that if she wanted to run with me that she would have to get up really early Sunday morning. So I set my alarm for 7am got up and woke her up and asked if she still wanted to go, she did, so we got ready and headed out the door. 


We went for our warm up walk and then took the route that I run with the running room. We crossed the street and I said "okay now we run". She said "Now????" in disbelief. Almost as if she was unsure of herself. and told her not too worry. We started our run, she was talking up a storm, I was very impressed. That little girl can run she did so well, she ran for 8mins and didn't complain about it at all. We did our 1 min walk (maybe a bit longer than that I was having a tough time!) and started again, she did so good she is a much better runner than me!


I think I have found something that we can do together and that we would enjoy together and it doesn't cost any money at all. I know that I am always promising that we can do something together and she always wants to go here and there, but I almost always can not afford to do anything. ( Thank God, my van payments are almost done!)  This way I get to spend time with my girl and get some me time as well. I will be inviting Katie on many more practice runs thats for sure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment