Saturday, April 10, 2010

No Good Horrible Very Bad Day

I was having the very worst day today. The kids were getting under my skin with all their yelling and screaming and fighting. I even sent them outside to burn off energy. I wasn't feeling well either. I could actually hear them fighting while I was in the shower this morning. Len came home from work early today (it's very rare that he is home early on a Saturday) so I took advantage of that and hid in my room. I guess I fell asleep for about an hour but when I woke up I heard the kids fighting still. I got even angrier, so I literally ran away! I got ready, I got my shoes on got my pedometer and my purse together, stormed out the door, got into the van and drove to the gas station and the grocery store (there were things i needed for dinner and i realized that I had left without my water) and drove to the park.

By the time I had raced around the store and my blood was pumping from being angry I thought that I was warmed up enough! I started my walk first and then my run I had to run a full 2 mins,walk 1 min. I was able to actually do 3 sets of this and then I switched to running 1 min walking 1 min for the rest of my time. I was so happy to accomplish this It's the best run I have done so far it's not where I am supposed to be but close to it. By the time I was done running I felt so much better. And ,yes when I came home the kids were still fighting and yet it didn't seem to bother me as much!

I did everything that my sister-in-law told me to do, take smaller strides, squats, and extra stretching. Running was so much easier for me today. I feel so proud of myself.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you! Good job!

    If it's any consolation, my kids were at it all day today too!

    ReplyDelete